The Faculty of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Information Technologies at the University of Primorska (UP FAMNIT) is offering an assistant professor/lecturer position at Department of Information Sciences and Technology (DIST) with the possibility for tenure position.
We welcome applicants from EU as well as Internationally who are enthusiastic about working as part of a multidisciplinary team focusing on applied computer science research in the following areas:
- Computational Interactions
- Human-computer Interaction
- Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine learning
- Data Science/Big Data
- Computer Graphics and Computer Vision
- Pervasive and Ubiquitous computing
What does the position include?
The selected candidate will receive a 24 month contract with a possibility with the possibility for tenure position and includes:
- Monthly payment of 2,378€ (before tax) + expenses.
- Research equipment and a working desk.
- Yearly budget for conference attendance (subject to funds availability).
- Possibility to (co-)supervise PhD student(s)
Candidates should demonstrate good academic track record and have a PhD degree in Computer Science or related subject. Excellent technical ability, programming skills and proficient active and passive English language skills are essential. We seek a candidate capable of conducting independent research, who is able to supervise students and has an inventive mind for problem solving. Specifically, we are seeking candidates with a very good knowledge in at least one of the areas of software engineering, 3D graphics, artificial intelligence/machine learning, information visualisation, interaction design, computer vision, systems modelling, software development or similar.
The obligations of the selected candidates include 34 hours per week of research activities as well as 6 hours per week of lecturing. The lecturing is only conducted during term time (32 weeks per year).
The selected candidates will need a proof of fluent English language ability (IELTS — with min score of 6.5, ToEFL iBT — with min score of 93 overall and min 20 in each skill).
- Closing date: 6.4.2019
- Shortlisting date: 9.4.2019
- Interview date: 11.4.2019 onwards
Selected candidates will start their position at the latest on 1st of October 2019 (can start earlier).
How to apply?
Applicants for the scholarship need to include the following documents (if not in English or Slovenian all documents need to be officially translated and provided with documents in the original language):
- A motivational letter (research proposal/personal statement).
- A Curriculum Vitae (personal details, work experience, education and training, language skills, development skills, awards and recognitions, previous research work, publications). Maximum 4 pages.
- Portfolio of previous research and/or development projects and/or DIY prototyping (e.g. mobile apps, web apps, DIY electronics, graphical designs, interface designs, system mockups, DIY prototypes ...)
- A copy of a PhD certificate.
- Two reference letters (your two referees must be able to comment on your suitability for a research degree level of study, one of them must have been your academic tutor) originally sealed by referees.
- If you will need a visa to work in Slovenia, a copy of the page of your passport that gives your full name, picture, passport number, etc.
Firstly, applicants should send this information in zip file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of large files please use file sharing services such as Wetransfer (https://wetransfer.com/).
For further information email Matjaž Kljun (email@example.com), Klen Čopič Pucihar (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Vida Groznik (email@example.com).
More information about HICUP LAB: http://dist.famnit.upr.si/en/HICUP
More information about our department: http://dist.famnit.upr.si/
More information about the call: http://dist.famnit.upr.si/en/assistant-professor
Follow us on Twitter: _mkljun_, _klen_