The Faculty of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Information Technologies at the University of Primorska (UP FAMNIT) is offering a postdoc position at HICUP LAB with the possibility for tenure position.
We welcome applicants from EU as well as Internationally who are enthusiastic about working as part of a multidisciplinary team focusing on applied computer science research in the following areas:
- Computational Interactions
- Human-computer Interaction
- Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine learning
- Artificial intelligence in Medicine
- Pervasive and Ubiquitous computing
- EEG analysis and Brain computer interfaces
The selected candidate will be offered a tailored postdoc research position at HICUP LAB, UP FAMNIT.
What does the position include?
The selected candidate will receive a 24 month contract which includes:
- Monthly payments of 2,114 € (before tax) + expenses.
- Research equipment and a working desk.
- Yearly budget for other research costs for covering fieldwork and conference attendance.
Candidates should demonstrate outstanding academic potential and a PhD degree in Computer Science or related subject. Excellent technical ability, programming skills and proficient active and passive English language skills are essential. We seek a candidate capable of conducting independent research with good prototyping skills and an inventive mind for problem solving. Specifically, we are seeking candidates with a very good knowledge in at least one of the areas of software engineering, 3D graphics, artificial intelligence/machine learning, information visualisation, interaction design, computer vision, systems modelling, software development or similar.
The obligations of the selected candidates include 30-34 hours per week of research activities conducted at the HICUP lab (http://dist.famnit.upr.si/en/HICUP) as well as 6-10 hours per week of teaching assistant work (e.g. running lab sessions, consulting students, drafting and correcting coursework, etc.). The teaching assistant work is only conducted during term time (32 weeks per year).
The selected candidates will need a proof of fluent English language ability (IELTS — with min score of 6.5, ToEFL iBT — with min score of 93 overall and min 20 in each skill).
Selected candidates will start their position at the latest on 1st of October 2019 (can start earlier).
- Closing date:
6.4.2019Deadline extended to 19.4.2019
- Shortlisting date:
9.4.2019New date 22.4.2019
- Interview date:
11.4.2019 onwardsNew date 24.4.2019
How to apply?
Applicants for the position need to include the following documents (if not in English or Slovenian all documents need to be officially translated and provided with documents in the original language):
- A motivational letter (research proposal/personal statement).
- A Curriculum Vitae (personal details, work experience, education and training, language skills, development skills, awards and recognitions, previous research work, publications). Maximum 4 pages.
- Portfolio of previous research and/or development projects and/or DIY prototyping (e.g. mobile apps, web apps, DIY electronics, graphical designs, interface designs, system mockups, DIY prototypes ...).
- A copy of a PhD certificate.
- A reference letter (your referee must be able to comment on your suitability for a research degree level of study).
- If you will need a visa to study in Slovenia, a copy of the first page of your passport that gives your full name, passport number, etc.
Firstly, applicants should send this information in zip file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of large files please use file sharing services such as Wetransfer (https://wetransfer.com/).
For further information email Matjaž Kljun (email@example.com), Klen Čopič Pucihar (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Vida Groznik (email@example.com).
More information about HICUP LAB: http://dist.famnit.upr.si/en/HICUP
More information about our department: http://dist.famnit.upr.si/
More information about the call: http://dist.famnit.upr.si/en/news/asistant--position-wit
Follow us on Twitter: _mkljun_, _klen_